Monday, September 14, 2009

Hello to you women and men who have lost weight or are currently doing so - good for you! I lost 16 pounds last year participating in an at work program, and have gained back half of those pounds. Never had a huge weight problem, but 16 pounds on my frame is too much. My blood pressure dropped quite dramatically with just that much weight loss, which really surprised me. It is more difficult than it used to be to keep it in check at age 47. My 3-year workout partner from my office (much younger than I) is due with her first child November 1, so has not been inspiring me to show up at the gym in the wee hours of the morning for quite some time. Accountability means a lot.

I love to cook and am a Food Network junky. And I love to be at the lighter range of my healthy weight - about 10 pounds less than the scale is telling me today. I am hoping to connect with those of you who are on your way to your ideal weight, or maybe are maintaining the weight you made it to (yay you!), love to cook and experiment with recipes, and are willing to take one or two hours per week to connect with a group to walk or bike in the evening or possibly a weekend day. Maybe once per month we could meet and cook a healthy meal together and inspire one another to continue on this quest.

Continue with your goals, and please let me know if you have an interest in forming a group in the NE Atlanta area to inspire one another to reach our goals and have fun in the process.

Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment